Top 5 Benefits of Hiring Air Conditioning Repair Services
One of the biggest advantages to living in the digital age is access to specialized information. In pre-internet times, learning how to change car oil, build a raised bed or knit a scarf required specialized information learned from books or training. These days, there’s a YouTube tutorial for just about any project, and being able to access this information has improved many people’s quality of life. Despite the benefits of DIY culture, there are also some drawbacks. For example, a homeowner who’s eager to save a few bucks may attempt a DIY electrical fix and end up with a nasty shock or could even cause expensive-to-fix damage. That’s why in some instances, it’s just better to call a professional. In the world of HVAC, this is generally the case. Keep reading to learn the top five benefits of hiring air conditioning repair services. Ready for the best repair for air conditioning Alexandria, VA, has to offer? Look no further than Cardinal Plumbing, Heating & Air. From routine maintenance to repairs to replacements, Cardinal is here for your every HVAC need.
1. Home SafetyThere are many benefits to hiring professional air conditioner repair services, but the most important is home safety. HVAC systems are complex — more complex that most homeowners realize. In addition to the actual heater or air conditioner, most HVAC systems have a network of air ducts that delivers air throughout the home. If you don’t have a thorough knowledge of how HVAC works, tinkering around could put you at risk for the following safety concerns:
- Electrical hazards, including shocks and home fires
- Chemical exposure to dangerous refrigerants, solvents and gases
- Respiratory hazards, like carbon monoxide poisoning
- Common HVAC injuries, such as ladder falls
2. Better Indoor Air QualityDid you know that indoor air can be more polluted than outdoor air in even the largest, most industrial cities? Most people don’t realize that indoor air isn’t necessarily cleaner than outdoor air, and in many cases, it’s actually less clean. That’s because building materials, personal products and cleaning products release volatile organic compounds (VOCs), chemicals that are harmful to human health. Additionally, mold and other allergens can collect in a home or HVAC system and circulate throughout the house. A professional air conditioning repair service can run an indoor air quality test and alert you to any potential issues. The HVAC professionals at Cardinal Plumbing, Heating & Air can suggest air quality control solutions like air filtration, central humidifiers, central dehumidifiers and UV treatment systems.
3. Greater Energy EfficiencyWhen air conditioning Alexandria, VA, homes in the heat of summer, you can expect higher utility bills than you would during moderate temperatures. However, if your utility bills are suddenly much higher, it could be a sign that something’s wrong. More often than not, skyrocketing utility bills indicate there’s a problem with your HVAC system. Unfortunately, diagnosing the problem is difficult if you don’t know what to look for. Luckily, an experienced air conditioning repair technician can spot the problems. A simple AC repair, filter change or ductwork repair could solve the issue and lower your utility bills. In addition to spending less on energy-related costs, you can reduce your carbon footprint with help from a professional air conditioning repair service.
4. Fewer HVAC RepairsIn the world of HVAC, issues don’t go away with time; in fact, they tend to get bigger. When homeowners neglect to schedule routine HVAC maintenance and HVAC repairs, they risk a small problem turning into a large problem. For the sake of your wallet and your comfort, you can’t let that happen. As soon as you notice something wrong, it’s important to call a trusted HVAC technician. Here are a few common warning signs that your AC needs repaired:
- Insufficient air flow
- Warm air blowing from vents
- Water leaks
- Bad odors
- Unusual noises
5. Longer HVAC LifespanWhen you schedule regular AC maintenance, you’re not just circumventing big problems; you’re actually increasing your HVAC system’s lifespan. Just like regular visits to the doctor can help you intercept potential health issues, regular HVAC maintenance can prevent small problems from damaging your system. That’s why Cardinal Plumbing, Heating & Air offers an HVAC and plumbing maintenance plan. When you sign up for Cardinal’s Nest Protection Plan, you’ll receive the following HVAC benefits:
- Two 25-point HVAC maintenance visits per year: one to prepare your cooling system for summer and one to prepare your heating system for winter
- Shipment and replacement of your air filter every visit
- A disinfectant fogging of your air duct system every visit
- Diagnostic fees waived for an HVAC service appointment
- A discount on all services performed
- No overtime or after-hours fees
- Service reminders
- Transferable membership (as long as you move within our service area)