Top 8 Qualities to Look For in an HVAC Company
Choosing an HVAC company is almost as important as choosing a doctor. You want a doctor who is dependable, affordable and honest. The same goes for HVAC companies. Before hiring an HVAC company, it’s a great idea to nail down which qualities are most important to you.
Before searching “heating and ac services near me”, consider hiring Cardinal Plumbing, Heating, and Air. You will find that our company aligns with all of the qualities you are looking for. Learn more from our website.
Take a look at our list of eight qualities you should look for in an HVAC company:
- Great Reputation When looking for an HVAC company to hire, it’s always a good idea to check out customer reviews. You can find reviews on websites like Google Business and Yelp. One of the best places to find information on a company is the Better Business Bureau. Check for BBB accreditation, a rating of B+ or higher and 4-5 star customer reviews. You may also want to check to see if any complaints have been filed. This is a great way to get a good first impression of an HVAC company.
- Certifications and Licensing You should always be sure to find out if a company has proper certificates and licenses. Do some research to find out what kinds of licenses and certificates are required for HVAC contractors in your state. For example, in Virginia it is legally required for HVAC technicians to have a contractors license.Check the company’s website to see if they have information about licensing listed. If you cannot find any, give them a call to find out. You should also check to see if they have additional certificates or insurance.
- Emergency Services What do you do if you need HVAC repair in the middle of the night or if you encounter an issue that just cannot wait? These are some of the reasons why it’s important to find an HVAC company that can provide emergency 24/7 services. You never know what kind of heating and cooling trouble you may get into. The hours for an HVAC company is typically listed on the website. If you cannot tell whether or not they provide 24/7 services you can always call and ask.
- Knowledgeable If you go to the doctor’s office to treat a cold and your doctor isn’t sure how to treat you, you would probably find a different doctor. The same should go for an HVAC company. A technician who isn’t sure what they are doing or talking about is a red flag.When you call the company, ask to speak to one of the technicians. Describe the problems you are having or the service that you require and ask them what they think. It is ideal that they know exactly what you might be talking about and what to do. Even if you are simply looking for a new water heater, they should be able to describe the benefits and disadvantages of each model that they offer.
- Affordability and Financing Options It’s no secret that HVAC maintenance, repairs and replacements can be expensive. A company should understand that these services can take a big chunk out of your savings. Look for contractors that offer flexible financing options, coupons or special savings. These are the companies that will have your back. It’s also important that you don’t accept the lowest offer or the highest offer. You should try to aim for somewhere in the middle, as it is more likely to be the fairest offer.
- Inspection and Estimate While many HVAC companies may provide you with a ballpark range over the phone, you should never accept an exact estimate. If you do accept an exact estimate then you may be surprised as to what the final bill comes out to.HVAC companies should offer an inspection, preferably a free one, before they provide you with an estimate. Once they have provided you with an estimate, ask for a written proposal or contract. This is a great way to ensure that you don’t get stuck with a bill that is higher than what you thought it would be.
- Great Customer Service When calling HVAC companies, keep your ear out for those with the best customer service. Does the company seem to be willing to go above and beyond? Do they offer a satisfaction guarantee? Are the representatives respectful? When the technicians come to your home, take note of their behavior as well. Technicians should always greet you and be respectful, clean up after themselves and be willing to answer any questions you may have. The core of any great HVAC company is customer service, so be sure to pay close attention.
- Experienced While years of experience should not necessarily be the first thing that you look for, it is helpful when trying to decide between one company and another. The more years of experience a company has, the more knowledgeable they will be of the industry. This may mean that you can get better deals or that technicians can complete tasks quicker.It is recommended to look for companies or technicians with over ten years in the industry. If a company has less than ten years in the industry, you can also request the technician with the most experience.